jueves, 13 de enero de 2011

Kenny Dalglish admits he faces 'big challenge' to revive Liverpool fortunes - Telegraph.co.uk

"There are a couple of things for us to sort out. If the problems lay within yourselves, you've got a chance to solve them."

Dalglish's dawning pragmatism could not have contrasted more sharply with Holloway's delight at seeing Blackpool record their first league double over Liverpool since the 1946/47 season.

"It just feels really great," said the Blackpool manager. "If you had told me I would take six points from Liverpool this season I would have got the straight jacket out that Harry Houdini used to escape from. I would have thought you were doolally."

Holloway, though, is prepared to take a more hard-line approach with his captain, Charlie Adam, amid intense speculation the Scottish international could leave the club in the January transfer window, with Birmingham, Aston Villa and Sunderland believed to be monitoring his situation.

The Blackpool manager, though, is determined that the player will not be allowed to leave Bloomfield Road unless both suitor and price fits what the club feel Adam is worth.

"I have a plan for him till the summer and I think he owes us," said Holloway. "I have asked him as captain to go and think about things. Then in the summer he should have a choice as long as his arm. I am imagining the likes of Rooney or Berbatov running onto his passes and why should he go anywhere else?

"If Manchester United ring me and offer me the money then I might have to think about it. Otherwise, they can all go and shove their bid where they like it if they think he is worth only £3.5 million."

No hay comentarios:

Publicar un comentario