sábado, 22 de enero de 2011

Kenny Dalglish hails 'best job' as Liverpool close in on Luis Suárez, Charlie ... - Telegraph.co.uk

"We thought of him, but we looked at his profile and thought he would not be very complementary to Fernando Torres," he said. "For Young, if he is on the market then we will be interested, but I do not believe that is the case. As far as Suarez is concerned, at the moment there is no deal with Ajax.

"I am surprised, given our results, the number of top-level players who want to join us. They say that Liverpool is an attractive club, and most are also telling me that we have had a bad season, but we will not have two. This team has quality. I am convinced the squad left by [Rafael] Benítez is good. But it is true we need reinforcements." Given that requirement, it is surprising that that Dalglish should feel so fortunate to have returned to Anfield.

Indeed, given that his previous appointments have included inheriting a Liverpool team that won the Double in his first season, arriving at Blackburn to be handed Jack Walker's millions and being tasked with converting Freddy Shepherd's and Sir John Hall's dreams into trophies at Newcastle, taking over a side 13th in the Premier League and devoid of all confidence should rank as a punishment, not a privilege.

"It is the best job I have ever been offered, so that will do me," he said. "It is very seldom you get offered a job and are fortunate enough to have most things in place. For me, coming in here was the best offer I have had in my life and I was not going to turn that down. There are problems that need to be solved, but I would not be here if there were not any problems.

"Why is it the best job? Because it is Liverpool. The first time was brilliant but this time it is even better. I was only a baby when I was in charge last time, whereas now I am a granddad, so I was running out of time.

"It was the best offer I could ever have had. It's different players, a different era, a different age. I knew the players at Liverpool when I first got the job and while I knew some of the players here, you don't really get to know them until you start working with them. It's the best offer I could have got."

No hay comentarios:

Publicar un comentario