If you thought the stars of "Jackass" had to be on drugs in order to perform their brand of idiocy, you might be right -- at least in the case of Johnny Knoxville, who recently revealed he was spiked with Ecstasy during filming.

"We were filming a promo for 'Bad Grandpa' at a frat house in Arizona," Knoxville told The Sun. "I was dressed as Irving and was sitting in the audience with the students, and people kept handing me drinks and someone dosed me with Ecstasy. About 30 minutes into the screening, my heart starts racing and I'm like, 'I am X-ing right now, someone dosed me.' I was so happy because I haven't done X since my 20s. For the rest of the shoot I was just a train wreck, and we got a lot of funny stuff."

Knoxville did sustain an injury during the drug-induced shoot, however. He went on to say he ruptured a tendon in his finger "either bursting through a table or climbing up a net." Perhaps that explains the cast he donned at the movie's London premiere on Wednesday night.

johnny knoxville

Also on HuffPost:

  • Angelina Jolie

    "I have done just about every drug possible: cocaine, ecstasy, LSD and, my favorite, heroin." [The Mirror, 1996]

  • George Clooney

    "I didn't live my life in the right way for politics, you know. I fucked too many chicks and did too many drugs, and that's the truth. That's gonna be my campaign slogan: 'I drank the bong water.'" [Newsweek, 2011]

  • Whoopi Goldberg

    <em>On smoking a joint to calm herself before winning her 1991 Oscar for "Ghost":</em> "Smoking cigarettes and pot every now and then are my habits. And so I thought, 'I've got to relax.' So I smoked this wonderful joint that was the last of my homegrown. And honey, when [Denzel Washington] said my name and I popped up, I thought, 'Oh, fuck.'"

  • Sienna Miller

    "I mean, I still love a waterfall or the odd hallucinogenic drug. I liked mushrooms, which were legal until a year or so ago. If I had a drug of choice, it would be magic mushrooms." [The Guardian, 2007]

  • Megan Fox

    "I've done drugs, and that's how I know I don't like them. Cocaine is back with a vengeance. Everyone in every club is doing drugs. A lot of people are on prescription drugs. Celebrities aren't trying to hide it, except where people have camera phones. ... I wanted to try several things and make an informed decision, but I didn't enjoy anything other than marijuana. I don't even think of it as a drug -- it should be legalized. I know about five people who aren't on drugs today, and I'm one of them." [Maxim, 2007]

  • Joel Madden

    "Without cigarettes, I would be doing heroin, probably, on a daily basis." [Blender, 2007]

  • Oprah Winfrey

    <em>On doing cocaine with her boyfriend in the '70s while working as an anchorwoman in Nashville:</em> "I did your drug. This is probably one of the hardest things I have ever said. ... I had a perfect, round, little Afro, I went to church on Sunday and I went to Wednesday prayer meetings when I could ... and I did drugs." ["The Oprah Winfrey Show," 1995]

  • Anthony Kiedis

    "I spent most of my life looking for the quick fix and the deep kick. I shot drugs under freeway off-ramps with Mexican gangbangers and in thousand-dollar-a-day hotel suites. Now I sip vitamin-infused water and seek out wild, as opposed to farm-raised, salmon." ["Scar Tissue," published 2005]

  • Drew Barrymore

    "When I was 10 ½, I was sitting in a room with a group of young adults who were smoking pot. I wanted to try some, and they said, 'Sure. Isn't it cute, a little girl getting stoned?' Eventually that got boring, and my addict mind told me, 'Well, if smoking pot is cute, it'll also be cute to get the heavier stuff like cocaine.' It was gradual. What I did kept getting worse and worse, and I didn't care what anybody else thought." [People, 1989]

  • Nicole Richie

    "I kind of took matters into my own hands and was creating drama in a very dangerous way. I think I was just bored, and I had seen everything. Especially when you're young, you just want more. ... At 18 I had just been doing a lot of cocaine." [People, 2007]

  • George Michael

    "[Marijuana] keeps me sane and happy. I could write without it if I was sane and happy. ... This is the only kind of drug I ever thought worth taking." [ITV's "South Bank Show," 2008]

  • Morgan Freeman

    "Never give up the ganja." [The Guardian, 2003]

  • Kirsten Dunst

    "I've never been a major smoker, but I think America's view on weed is ridiculous. I mean, are you kidding me? If everyone smoked weed, the world would be a better place." [The Daily Mail, 2007]

  • Elton John

    "I was consumed by cocaine, booze and who knows what else. I apparently never got the memo that the Me generation had ended." ["Love Is the Cure: On Life, Loss and the End of AIDS," published 2012]

  • Frances McDormand

    "I'm a recreational pot-smoker. ... There has never been enough of a distinction between marijuana and other drugs. In the classic, weird hygiene movies from high school, everything led to depravity -- marijuana, sex, coffee! There was no distinction made between the effects of one thing. So it's always been lumped in with drugs in general. It's a human rights issue, a censorship issue and a choice issue." [High Times, 2003]

  • Dennis Quaid

    "Cocaine was even in the budgets of movies, thinly disguised. It was petty cash, you know? It was supplied, basically, on movie sets because everyone was doing it. People would make deals. Instead of having a cocktail, you'd have a line." [Newsweek, 2011]

  • Nicolas Cage

    "I had a bag of mushrooms in my refrigerator. My cat used to sneak into the refrigerator and eat them. ... He ate them voraciously; it was like catnip to him. So I thought, 'What the heck, I better do it with him.' I remember lying on my bed for hours and Lewis was on the desk across my bed for hours, and we just stared at each other -- not moving, just staring at each other, and I had no doubt that he was my brother. But having said that, I don't do that anymore. And you know what? Later in life, when I was completely not doing any of that, I know he said 'Hi' to me." ["Late Show With David Letterman," 2010]

  • Johnny Depp

    "I don't trust anyone who hasn't been self-destructive in some way. Who hasn't gone through some sort of bout of self-loathing. You've got to bang yourself around a bit to know yourself." [GQ, 2011]

  • Frank Ocean

    "hi guys, i smoke pot. ok guys, bye." [Twitter, 2013]

  • Fergie

    "I got into a scene. I started going out and taking ecstasy. From ecstasy, it went to crystal meth. With any drugs, everything is great at the beginning, and then slowly your life starts to spiral down. [I was] 90 pounds at one point." ["Oprah's Next Chapter," 2012]