martes, 15 de octubre de 2013

Kate Winslet loses a decade on the cover of American Vogue - Telegraph.co.uk

Columnist

Ten years on from her excessively airbrushed GQ cover, natural beauty Kate Winslet falls foul of the retouchers again on the November 2013 cover of US Vogue

BY Katy Young | 15 October 2013

image

Remember that controversial GQ cover with Kate Winslet back in 2003? The one where she had her thighs, hips and famous curves airbrushed down two thirds of their actual size into a supermodel size-something?

US Vogue seemingly doesn't. Ten years after that dramaticaly doctored photo was published alongside an interview in which Winslet said "I'm completely physically comfortable with who I am and I have no particular issues any more", and the Oscar-winning actress was forced to defend herself against public criticism, stating: "The retouching is excessive. I do not look like that and more importantly, I don't desire to look like that" the retouchers have been at it again.


One third of Winslet, on the cover of GQ in 2003.

This time it's for the November issue of US Vogue (yes that is her on the right, and not Victoria's Secret model Candice Swanepoel - her 14 years junior lookey-likey, on the left).


Is that you Kate? South African model, Candice Swanepoel, looks startingly like Winslet.

As The Telegraph reported back in 2011, Winslet is part of a Hollywood collective that includes Rachel Weisz and Emma Thompson, who are taking a stance against plastic surgery. "It goes against my morals, the way that my parents brought me up and what I consider to be natural beauty. I will never give in," said Winslet.

READ - Looking Fresher is the new 10 Years Younger


Kate Winslet, minus the retouching. Photo: Getty.

But it seems to Photoshop-happy art directors at Vogue do not concur, smoothing, lifting, resculpting and wiping away the years - as well as a couple of moles - from her 38-year-old face.

READ: H&M confirm that Beyoncé really does have a perfect body

In 2003, Winslet and her agent stated that they were not complicit in the trimming-down and stretching that had occured for GQ.

"Once you shoot them, the magazine has them and can do what they will with them, and the actor is really not part of that approval process," Winslet's agent told the BBC, with the Titanic actress adding: "I actually have a Polaroid that the photographer gave me on the day of the shoot… I can tell you they've reduced the size of my legs by about a third. For my money it looks pretty good the way it was taken," she said.

We can't wait to hear what her reaction will be to this new, arguably more controversial, remodification. Awkward...

READ - Dr Michael Prager: the man who gave cosmetic surgery a faith lift

No hay comentarios:

Publicar un comentario