domingo, 29 de julio de 2012

masterplan won kop job for rodgers - WalesOnline

BRENDAN RODGERS has revealed how he landed the Liverpool job by handing the club's American owners a 180-page document detailing his blueprint for the future.

The detail Rodgers put into the plan, coupled with his achievements at Swansea City, persuaded Liverpool's hierarchy he was the right man for the job.

Rodgers' hugely detailed blueprint set out his vision and his philosophy for Liverpool. It explained how he works and what was required to put the club back challenging at the top of the English game.

The more principal owner John W Henry and chairman Tom Werner read, the more they were convinced. Plans to appoint a sporting director were shelved as Rodgers was handed total control to put his plans into action.

"I presented to them a document on the culture, philosophy and game plan going forward," said Rodgers.

"It's a model, a short cut to how I work, the kind of players I want tactically and the personality traits of players. Also my thoughts on the academy and how we move forward.

"The vision is simple. Firstly, to win the most trophies we can. That's the bigger picture.

"The second is to play attractive football to win games. The third is to bring through as many of the young players as we possibly can.

"When I became a manager I always wanted to go into a club with a philosophy so it's clear in terms of where everyone is heading.

"Thankfully at two of my three clubs as manager I've been able to create a one-club mentality and it's been successful. I started this (document) over 15 years ago. It's something I have been piecing together for many years and when I became a manager I put it into a format with a philosophy and methodology."

He continued: "My single biggest concern for this year is to define a model of play that can entertain the supporters and win games, to build a squad that will enable us to compete in every competition.

"It took Tottenham six transfer windows to put together a squad that could finish in the top four. In the last three years, we've finished sixth, seventh and eighth.

"My job is improve on that without being disrespectful to anyone who went before me, to get the club back into the top echelons where it has not been for a few years.

"For me football is an art not a science. The only statistic I want to know is how good we have been with the ball.

"It won't always be perfect and you won't always play well, but I would rather control games and dominate games and have that possibility rather than wait for something to happen."

'); tm.siteLife.daapi.getArticle( "54-91466-31497195", function(article){ tm.siteLife.display.displayCommentCount( article, 'sitelife-commentsWidget-middle', false, 'Comments', true, false ); } ); })();//call anonymous function //]]>

No hay comentarios:

Publicar un comentario