martes, 28 de agosto de 2012

Opera singer denies rumours of affair with Beckham - AsiaOne

I did not have an affair with Becks.

Opera singer Katherine Jenkins made sure that everyone understood that on Thursday.

The 32-year-old launched an outburst on Twitter to refute rumours that she was having an affair with English footballer David Beckham.

Jenkins tweeted: "Dear Twitter friends, I've read some horrible rumours on here & want u 2 know I absolutely deny I've had an affair with David Beckham.

"The rumours are very hurtful, untrue & my lawyers tell me actionable."

The Welsh diva added that she has only met Beckham twice: once at the Military Awards in 2010 and on a night out in the West End in February this year.

"We were out in a group of friends & it was just a normal fun evening out. Just so we are clear I have never been on my own with him and never arranged to meet up."

It is unclear why Jenkins chose to address the rumours, which many of her 228,000 followers were apparently unaware of.

The Daily Mail reported that talk about the two first emerged when she moved to Los Angeles to appear on Dancing With The Stars earlier this year.

There were even extraordinary claims that a super-injuction had been applied for to prevent the story ever being made public.

But many of her fans wondered why Jenkins didn't just ignore the rumours, reported The Sun.

One said: "Um, I wasn't aware there were any rumours. Neither was anyone else? Strange move by Katherine Jenkins."

Another wrote: "Katherine, completely unprompted, has denied she slept with David Beckham. Rumours from Twitter only. Very odd."

Thousands also tweeted that they hadn't slept with Becks either.

Others saw the funny side of Jenkins' rant.

Singer Lily Cooper also tweeted a tongue-in-cheek denial of an "affair" with Beyonce's husband, Jay-Z.

"I'm really upset at the hurtful rumours going round about me having an affair with Jay Z. My lawyers tell me they are actionable," she wrote.

A representative for Beckham said: "Unfortunately, we have to deal with this type of nonsense on Twitter."

David and Victoria Beckham have been married for 13 years. Victoria gave birth to their fourth child and only daughter, Harper Seven, last July.

Jenkins has been single since splitting from fiancé Gethin Jones in December.

They became engaged on holiday in Mexico in February last year, but announced their split on Dec 30 on Twitter.

Jenkins later said her singing was helping her cope with her heartbreak.

"With every performance, I have been able to put myself slowly together," she said.

"Unfortunately, all my songs are about love or heartbreak, but I can just about cope with that now."

Get The New Paper for more stories.

No hay comentarios:

Publicar un comentario