sábado, 23 de abril de 2011

Holiday Brit saves plunge baby - The Sun

A BRIT holidaymaker leapt into action to catch a baby who fell from a fourth floor balcony of a hotel.

Helen Beard, 44, was relaxing by the pool of her hotel in Orlando, Florida, when she saw the one-year-old tot dangling through the railings.

Helen, from Worksop, Notts, ran to the spot directly under 16-month-old Jah-Nea Myles before she fell and was just in time to break her fall.

She survived despite striking a balcony on her way down and hitting the ground after slipping through Helen's arms.

The drama unfolded at the Econo Lodge Inn & Suites shortly after 11pm on Wednesday.

Jah-Nea was taken to hospital but escaped serious injury.

Her mum Helena Myles, 20, said: "She's perfectly fine. Not a scratch on her body.

"I'm thanking the Lord above right now for saving my child's life. I'm also thanking that lady because she was an angel sent from heaven."

Ms Myles said she had left her daughter in the care of the friends who did not notice she had slipped out of their room.

They were alerted by the screaming that accompanied the frantic rescue bid.

Helena said: "I'm not upset with anyone. I've had it out with my friends. But other than that, I'm thanking God right now that my child's here."

Sheriff's Capt. Denise Rollins described the child's survival as "a miracle".

No hay comentarios:

Publicar un comentario