By Sportsmail Reporter

Last updated at 5:30 PM on 30th August 2011

Chu Young Park insists he is ready to repay Arsene Wenger's faith in him after being handed the No 9 shirt.

The South Korea striker has completed his 3million switch to the Emirates after leaving Monaco.

In a spin: Chu Young Park poses in his Arsenal shirt

In a spin: Chu Young Park poses in his Arsenal shirt

Young, 26, is now set to fight Gervinho and Marouane Chamakh for a place alongside captain Robin van Persie up front.

He said: 'I am very honoured and I feel very happy to be at Arsenal. It is a dream to be here and I am really proud to be an Arsenal player.

'Now I just want to show how good I am and prove myself. In my opinion this is a great club, now I have to show what I can do on the pitch.

'I will do my best, I will never give up, I will show heart, I will give everything and I hope the fans will support me.'

On the lookout: Arsene Wenger is chasing fresh faces

On the lookout: Arsene Wenger is chasing fresh faces

Wenger, who is also adding defender Andre dos Santos and Per Mertesacker to his squad, admitted he was relieved to seal the deal.

He said: 'We are delighted to have signed Chu. He will add true quality to our attacking forces and will be a valuable addition to the squad.'

According to Arsenal, Young prefers to be known as 'Ju' and will have J. Y. Park on the back of his shirt.

Signed and sealed: Chu Young Park is leaving Monaco

Signed and sealed: Chu Young Park is leaving Monaco

Here's what readers have had to say so far. Why not add your thoughts below, or debate this issue live on our message boards.

The comments below have been moderated in advance.

great, yet another player with no PL experience. that makes it 18 in a row apart from silvestre and what a coup that turned out to be

I like the sound of this guy; I like his upbeat, positive attitude. With the arrival of Park, Gervinho and Ox-Chamberlain I think young Theo might have to get his finger out now and show us that he's worth his place. If the real Andre Arshavin ever turns up then Theo could be struggling.

Seems like a good Korea move for the guy...

The views expressed in the contents above are those of our users and do not necessarily reflect the views of MailOnline.