Cheryl Cole with Twitter logo (Pic: Getty)

Cheryl Cole showed that she has put her X Factor experience behind her by referencing her foray into the movie world in her first tweet.

The singer, 28, finally posted a message on the micro-blogging site, months after opening her account.

She wrote: "It's me CC! Where my soldiers at.......?!!! I can't believe what my fingers are doing but yes I'm tweeting, so here goes...X"

The star is currently filming a cameo role in the film What To Expect When You're Expecting, starring Cameron Diaz, Jennifer Lopez, Chris Rock and Matthew Morrison.

Cole, who was sacked from the US X Factor and replaced by Nicole Scherzinger, said of Hollywood star Diaz, who turns 39 today: "Happy birthday Cameron, you sexy beeeyyaatchh...X".

Last week, Simon Cowell revealed how he told Cole she needed to "raise" her game on the US X Factor - but said he would hire her again "in a heartbeat".

The music mogul said he dropped the Girls Aloud star from the panel because he could see she was not as comfortable as she had been working on the British show.

Cowell defended his decision to axe Cole, telling The Hollywood Reporter: "You're not drowning puppies here. You're offering someone who's got millions of dollars more money and more work.

"And if people think that's cruel, then they can do that to me on a daily basis. I'll take it twice a day."