sábado, 29 de septiembre de 2012

Cabinet minister Andrew Mitchell 'in foul-mouthed tirade at police' - Telegraph.co.uk

The officers declined to do as instructed, and warned him he would be arrested under the Public Order Act if he persisted.

He then began pushing his bike, before telling a PC: "Best you learn your f------ place. You don't run this f------- government.

"You're f------- plebs."

David Cameron is believed to have been made aware of the incident and "has made it clear he expects the police to be treated with respect at all times."

Last night, Mr Mitchell said in a statement: "I attempted to leave Downing Street via the main gate, something I have been allowed to do many times before.

"I was told that I was not allowed to leave that way. While I do not accept that I used the words that have been reported, I accept I did not treat the police with the respect they deserve.

"I have seen the supervising sergeant and apologised and will also apologise to the police officer involved."

Mr Mitchell was appointed to the role of chief whip in this month's Cabinet reshuffle, having previously served as International Development Secretary.

He was nick-named 'Thrasher' while head of house at Rugby School for his robust approach to discipline. He has more recently been dubbed 'Fifty Shades' by backbenchers, after the erotic novel.

No hay comentarios:

Publicar un comentario