domingo, 30 de septiembre de 2012

"We are a very happy little family": X Factor hopeful Jade Ellis raises young ... - Mirror.co.uk

X Factor sensation Jade Ellis has told of her pride at bringing up her six-year-old daughter with her gay lover, saying: "We are a very happy little family."

The bike-shop assistant, 25 – who wowed Tulisa and Tinie Tempah with her rendition of Stand By Me last night – lives with little Caiden and her long-term partner Heba Elgamel, also 25.

Click here to read more stories from The People

The beaming youngster is so happy with the unconventional set up that she even boasts to pals in the playground about having "two mummies".

And far from ignoring Caiden's biological father, Jade also revealed how they ALL go on their holidays together. "He's been there for us 100 per cent," she says.

Jade fell pregnant with Caiden by a close pal called Jonni after one of her only sexual experiences with a man.

Speaking about her unusual family life, she told The People: "We are a very happy little family. Heba was my first true love but she isn't the only girl I've been out with. Me and Heba have been together for about six years, but before I met her I got pregnant.

"The pregnancy was a little bit unexpected. Nobody plans to have a kid at 19. The guy was one of my best friends, we were close and it just happened.

"When I got pregnant I felt I was ready but I didn't want to be pushing him." She quickly goes on to say that he is an "amazing bloke" and calls him her No.1 X Factor fan.

"We both appreciate what we do for our daughter and that is the best way to get through this kind of relationship," she adds, defying her critics.

"Heba and I both get on really well with Caiden's dad and we have great relationships. He lives up North but we go up there every other month. We have all gone on holidays together but when Caiden is with her dad we let her have daddy time."

Jade Ellis
Shop girl to singer: Jade belts out classic on last night's show

 

She adds: "Heba loves Caiden like her own and we all get on well.

"My daughter is completely accepting of the family situation. One parent came up to me and said, 'I only knew you two were together when my daughter said Caiden's got two mummies'. It was a normal comment." She grins and laughs: "It's the children telling the parents how it is."

Jade also told of the moment she revealed to her own mum Stacey, 48, that she was a lesbian.

"I first came out to my mum when I was 18," she begins.

"There was a girl staying in my room for a couple of nights and when they left my mum was like, 'Jade, is that girl a lesbian?'

"And in the middle of breakfast I just said, 'Yes... so am I'. My mum took a mouthful of tea, didn't bat an eyelid and went, 'Oh, okay'."

'Our fairy tale is over': Runaway teacher Jeremy Forrest tells lawyer of "disappointment" after arrest

Sheridan smitten: Mrs Biggs star is dating Amy Winehouse's ex Reg Traviss

Megan's backstreet bolt-hole: The £40-a-night hotel in France where runaway schoolgirl and teacher stayed

Now Jade is using her time on the X Factor to hopefully build a better life for her daughter – and girlfriend.

But the budding singer admits living on a tough London estate has left her worrying for their safety.

Drug pushers and junkies roam the network of dimly lit streets near their flat, meaning they have to be indoors by 9pm every night to keep safe.

"There are a few areas or roads that we won't go down. If it gets late you'll avoid that bit," she explains.

"I have a local park that is great during the day but in the evening it is a known fact that there are a lot of drug abusers who use the park to camp out in over night.

"When you go up there the next day you have to be cautious.

"To have to look for needles or discarded drug paraphernalia is a bit daunting.

"We were playing in the park and we found a syringe which was a bit of a shock. To have to look around you and see if there are dirty needles lying around is horrible," Jade admits.

She also revealed how she was left in fear for her life last year after getting caught up in the London riots when hooded yobs turned on her bus.

"I was coming home from work on the bus and the driver got us all in and then he just closed the doors and wouldn't let anybody off. People were pushing the bus and throwing things. It was scary," she admits. "I sat at home with my daughter and didn't know what the world was coming to."

Two of her pals were arrested for looting during the week of trouble.

Jade, who hopes her incredible voice will be her ticket out of the crime-­riddled area, adds: "It's sad because I wish I could take some of my friends on my journey to the X Factor."

No hay comentarios:

Publicar un comentario