• Ryan Moloney in third place, Claire Richards in fourth and Neil 'Razor' Ruddock in fifth

  • Claire admitted she 'wanted to punch' Heidi when she clapped after the Steps singer found out she wouldn't have a letter from her children

By Emily Sheridan

|

He may not have the X Factor, but Rylan Clark has won the 11th series of Celebrity Big Brother.

The flamboyant Essex boy, 24, broke down in tears after beating Heidi Montag and Spencer Pratt, aka Speidi, on the reality show on Friday night.

Although he's been the bookies' favourite for weeks, Rylan was stunned to win and broke down in tears after learning he had beaten his arch-rivals.

Scroll down for videos

This is what winning feels like: Rylan Clark wins Celebrity Big Brother

This is what winning feels like: Rylan Clark wins Celebrity Big Brother

Celebrate: A jubilant Rylan shows his joy at winning the show

Speaking to host Brian Dowling, he said: 'Honestly, through the past year, people have been picking up the phone for me and I really appreciate it.

'They (the public) hated me three months ago. I've been the biggest fan of Big Brother.'

Speaking about his nemesis Speidi, he said: 'I don't have any ties to Heidi and Spencer, but they're a genuine couple. I wish them the best of luck in life. They are absolutely made for each other.

Oh my God! Drop me out! Rylan is stunned as he exits the Big Brother house

Oh my God! Drop me out! Rylan is stunned as he exits the Big Brother house

  VIDEO  Celebrity Big Brother winner Rylan leave the house 

  VIDEO  Rylan on standing up to Spencer and Heidi 

'The reason I came on this show is to show people who got me wrong. You can call me whatever you want, but don't ever call me fake.

'One thing they (Speidi) gave me in the house was a headache.

'I'm glad for my mother's sake because when I was on X Factor, she went through hell.'

Second place: Heidi Montag and Spencer Pratt, known as Speidi, counted as one housemate

Second place: Heidi Montag and Spencer Pratt, known as Speidi, counted as one housemate

Yes! Rylan's former housemates Gillian Taylforth and Frankie Dettori celebrate as Rylan wins the show

Yes! Rylan's former housemates Gillian Taylforth and Frankie Dettori celebrate as Rylan wins the show

  VIDEO  Here come the boos: Spencer and Heidi leave 

  VIDEO  Unrepentant Speidi on their Big Brother behaviour 

Rylan was brought to tears again when he received a phonecall from his mother Linda, who told her son how 'proud' the family were of him.

Earlier during the live show following his eviction, former The Hills reality star Spencer admitted he and his wife didn't appear on the show to win any friends.

Heidi maintained all the contestants were on the series to win: 'It's just a game. I didn't think people took it seriously. You're supposed to be trying to win.'

I'm just so emosh: Rylan sobbed after finding out he had won

Disbelief: Rylan reacts after finding out he has won

Disbelief: Rylan reacts after finding out he has won

Earlier in the show, Australian actor Ryan Moloney ended up in third place, Claire Richards in fourth place and Neil 'Razor' Ruddock in fifth.

The Aussie star said: 'I thought I would be the first out. I didn't think I was as interesting as everyone else.'

He mocked Heidi and Spencer, saying: 'According to Speidi, they had it the most difficult. They had each other. I had nobody. I think they're a pack of whingers actually.

Sincere: Spencer congratulates Rylan as he and his wife prepare to leave the house

Sincere: Spencer congratulates Rylan as he and his wife prepare to leave the house

'If they're here to be baddies, they're doing a good job.'

Meanwhile, former Steps singer Claire, 35, said she was 'overwhelmed' by the crowd response to her exit.

She admitted she was amazed to be in the final: 'I thought I would have quit by now or would have been evicted.

Third place: Neighbours actor Ryan Moloney was the third to be evicted from the Celebrity Big Brother final

Third place: Neighbours actor Ryan Moloney was the third to be evicted from the Celebrity Big Brother final

Dapper: The former Neighbours actor looked pleased to be out

Dapper: The former Neighbours actor looked pleased to be out

She conceded: 'I think I found out I'm a lot tougher than I think I was.'

Reflecting on Speidi's delight in not letting her read her letter from home, she said: 'When Heidi clapped, I could have gone like that (punched her). That's heartless and spiteful.'

During Razor's interview, the 44-year-old insisted he didn't mind not winning: 'My agent told me not to get kicked out - which I nearly did and don't go first, so I'm alright.

Fourth place: Claire Richards was the second person to be voted off during the Celebrity Big Brother final

Fourth place: Claire Richards was the second person to be voted off during the Celebrity Big Brother final

Curvy: Claire showed off her figure in a tight red dress

Curvy: Claire showed off her figure in a tight red dress

'It's like rehab with beer. A lot of boredom. I missed my missus and kids.'

Razor admitted women's underwear were more comfortable than boxers when he spoke about embracing his 'feminine side' in the house.

Asked about his foul-mouthed argument with Speidi, which resulted in him getting a formal warning from Big Brother.

Popular: Neil 'Razor' Ruddock was given a good response by the crowd as he was first to be voted out

Popular: Neil 'Razor' Ruddock was given a good response by the crowd as he was first to be voted out

Waiting game: The final six housemates wait to find out their fate

Waiting game: The final six housemates wait to find out their fate

Reflecting on the clash, he conceded: 'They're a bunch of f**king idiots. I'm a team player. It got too much. When someone bullies someone else, I stepped in and flipped out.'

He admitted he couldn't stand Rylan when he was a contestant on X Factor, but now describes him as a 'special boy' and urged viewers to vote for the Essex boy to win.

Friday's final came after the contestants spent 23 days in Big Brother House - the 11th series of the reality TV show.

Earlier in the episode, the contestants were seen stating their cases for winning the show.

Showing some leg: (L-R) Tricia Penrose, Gillian Taylforth and Lacey Banghard

Back again: (L-R) Sam Robertson, Frankie Dettori and Paula Hamilton

Rylan ended up getting emotional after Ryan suggested the X Factor contestant should win instead of him.

The former Neighbours star said: 'I've had an absolute ball. But there's someone here I would really like everyone to vote for because because it would mean the most too. Please vote for Rylan.'

In recent days, former X Factor star Rylan has been the bookies' favourites, followed by Speidi.

Other contestants to have exited the show over the past two weeks include Paula Hamilton, Frankie Dettori, Gillian Taylforth, Lacey Banghard, Sam Robertson and Tricia Penrose, who all returned for the grand final.

And his win has already been met with excitement from his celebrity fans.

X Factor judge Tulisa Contostavlos wrote on Twitter: 'YEEEEEESSSSS!!!!!!!!!! @RylanClark!!!!! Woooiiiiii #CelebrityBigBrother.'

And his reality TV star following included Frankie Essex, who wrote: 'Yaayyyyy #Rylan xxxxxx.'

The last supper: On Thursday night, Speidi, Razor, Claire, Ryan and Rylan had emotional toasts over dinner

The last supper: On Thursday night, Speidi, Razor, Claire, Ryan and Rylan had emotional toasts over dinner


The comments below have been moderated in advance.

Happy to say I never watched one episode of BB this time around, car crash tv at its best!

Rylan is absolutely a deserving winner of CBB. He's loved the experience, been entertaining, and very funny. That Speidi came 2nd over other hm's is a disgrace to those that voted for them, no wonder the UK is going down the tubes when people prefer that sneidy pair to the other hm's who were genuinely being themselves, unlike sneidy Speidi.

Don't worry Rylan, the rest of us still hate you.

Set up what a waste of time. Honestly they fix it for 'their' favourite to win. Just pants!!

Yay!!! Congrats Rylan!

Well if he was going to win something it sure wasn't going to be X factor was it lol

We still do. We still do.

Am I the only person that is feeling like BB manipulated the whole show? So much footage of Spidey....but only great footage of the other HM's once they'd left the house....I really don't care if that vile pair of 'USA' Pratts are real or fake....all they proved is that they will trample over anyone to get what they want. The USA didn't want them...I hope the British don't accept these rejects either. At the end of the day, us British, no matter where we originate from, are kind decent human beings and proud of it xxx

WHY???? Nooooooooooo!!!!!!!!

It's the end of the world as we know it!!!

The views expressed in the contents above are those of our users and do not necessarily reflect the views of MailOnline.