lunes, 31 de octubre de 2011

Four months for sicko who stalked his own girlfriend - The Sun

A SICKO boyfriend who stalked his own girlfriend was jailed for four months today.

Shane Webber, 23, posted sexual images of partner Ruth Jeffery on social networking sites and sent indecent snaps to her family during a year-long harassment campaign.

When his now ex called in police, he even tried to implicate one of his friends by setting up an email account in his name to bombard her with messages.

Pal Lee Evans was arrested but later cleared of any involvement.

Webber, of Nottingham, was only caught after Ruth's family traced emails back to him.

The Loughborough University student's campaign began in April 2010. Webber was furious that Ruth had aborted their baby and posted up to 12 indecent images of her online.

He emailed and posted a series of further images, including one batch called Nude Jeffery to her close friends and family in April this year.

Webber admitted harassment at Southampton Magistrates' Court.

And District Judge Anthony Callaway told him his behaviour was a "gross violation of Miss Jeffery's privacy".

Outside court, 22-year-old Ruth said: "I am extremely pleased with the outcome.

"The maximum sentence in a magistrates' court will never make up for the hurt he had put me through but I am pleased I can now put it behind me.

"I was absolutely devastated when I found out it was him. I could not believe it was Shane."

She earlier told the court she had been "intentionally controlled, belittled and harmed" by Webber.

In a victim impact she said: "I have been absolutely devastated by the fact the person I shared everything with caused me so much hurt and harm."

Judge Callaway said the offence and its breach of trust and privacy was so serious that only jail would be appropriate.

He also slapped him with a five-year restraining order banning him from contacting Ruth or posting images of her online.

No hay comentarios:

Publicar un comentario