sábado, 29 de octubre de 2011

The X Factor: Ashley Quits The Risk - MTV UK

He's been replaced by Nu Vibe's Ashford Campbell…

Ashley Baptiste has sensationally walked out on The Risk, midway through The X Factor's live shows.

The singer, who originally entered the competition as a solo artist before being given a lifeline by Tulisa Contostavlos, said he decided he no longer wanted to be part of a boyband.

"It's been a really tough decision but I have decided to leave The Risk," Ashley said in a statement. "I don't believe my future lies in a boyband and it's not fair on Charlie, Derry and Andy to remain in the band when I am not truly committed to it for the long term. I believe The Risk can win The X Factor and I'm backing them all the way. I count them as my friends so I know we'll stay in touch."

His former bandmates added: "We're gutted to be losing Ashley but we back him all the way in his decision. We're going to miss him, but The Risk are going to carry on in the competition and hope we can do our mate and all our supporters proud."

His departure is good news for Nu Vibe's Ashford Campbell, who has been invited to join The Risk.

"We have always liked Ashford, right from boot camp, and always had a strong bond with him," the boys said in a statement. "He's mega talented and will bring so many qualities to the group. We're so glad he said yes and we can't wait to get rehearsing."

Tulisa said she approved of the replacement, saying that Ashley is "a fantastic fit" for The Risk.

As for Nu Vibe, Ashley has insisted they've given him their blessing. "I couldn't believe what I was hearing when I got the call," the 16-year-old said. "I had to speak to the Nu Vibe boys first and once they gave me their blessing I was straight back on the phone to grab the offer. It's unbelievable and now I've got to work even harder after my break."

Watch MTV News on the hour every hour on MTV - Sky Channel 126 and Virgin Channel 311

No hay comentarios:

Publicar un comentario