martes, 29 de noviembre de 2011

Hamilton-Massa embrace each other as F1 season ends - NDTV

Sao Paulo: McLaren's Lewis Hamilton and Ferrari's Felipe Massa have called truce after sharing some tense moments in the Forumula One seaon where they collided with each other on five occasions.

It was Hamilton who initiated the peace process by visiting Massa at the Ferrari motorhome after the season-ending Brazilian Grand Prix at the Interlagos Sunday, Autosport reported. The Briton was forced to retire from the race due to a gearbox failure while Massa finished fifth in his home race.

Both drivers exchanged several intense moments on and off the track during the course of the year, emanating out of their collisions in Monaco, Britain, Singapore, Japan and India.

Both drivers said they had great respect for each other and were looking forward to competing in the 2012 season.

"I never had anything against him. I always respected him, even this year after everything that has happened.

"I think it is nice of him to come here because it was never going to come from me because I did nothing wrong during the year," said Massa.

Hamilton said: "It has been a long hard year for all the drivers, and I hope they all have a good winter. It was good to have a nice chat with Felipe after the race. I have great respect for him. I am already looking forward to racing him again next year."

Ferrari team principal Stefano Domenicali appreciated Hamilton's gesture.

"I was pleased to see Lewis Hamilton coming here and hugging Felipe, because at the end of the day that is what it is all about. It was a good gesture and I am happy it is pretty cleared up," he said.

No hay comentarios:

Publicar un comentario