THE family of a girl whose brain was allegedly accidentally injected with glue is suing doctors at Great Ormond Street Hospital.
Maisha Najeeb, 11, needs round-the-clock care after a routine operation during which medics allegedly confused two syringes.
One, containing glue to treat blood vessels, was mistaken for another with dye for an angiogram.
Advertisement - article continues below »
Her family said: "Before this, Maisha was a happy, active child who was thriving at school. She will be dependent on others for the rest of her life."
Solicitor Edwina Rawson, who represents the North London family, added: "If mistakes such as this can be made at Great Ormond Street, they could happen in other hospitals."
A GOSH spokeswoman said: "The Trust immediately apologised. It has undertaken an investigation and made changes to improve our systems."