LONDON A judge says actress Sienna Miller and three other alleged victims of a British tabloid phone-hacking scandal can push ahead with suing the News of The World newspaper.
High Court judge Geoffrey Vos says the four cases should not be delayed by an ongoing criminal investigation into the tabloid's conduct.
He said Friday the four "test cases" the most well-advanced out of more than 20 similar claims could provide guidance for potential damages the other alleged victims can claim.
Michael Silverleaf, the lawyer for News Group, which publishes News of The World, said the company last week offered to settle the case with Miller for 100,000 pounds ($163,287). She has 21 days to accept the settlement.
Copyright © 2011 The Canadian Press. All rights reserved.