jueves, 28 de abril de 2011

Imogen Thomas tells of injunction suffering - WalesOnline

IMOGEN THOMAS has claimed she was "thrown to lions" after she was revealed as the woman who had an affair with a married Premier League footballer.

The former Big Brother star spoke tearfully of her suffering since the news broke that the footballer, described as a "family man", had taken out a super-injunction to protect his identity.

The model from Llanelli has been legally banned from talking about the man, with whom she had a six-month affair.

Breaking her silence about the saga during an appearance on the ITV daytime programme This Morning, she told how she wished her name had also been protected and insisted that she had never had any intention of selling her story.

She said: "I had no intention of ever speaking about the man, I just wish that my name was protected. I didn't have £50,000 to get an injunction.

"I had no intention of selling my story whatsoever. I just feel like I do not want my name to be out there in the public domain like this. I have been exploited. I just feel really angry.

"I feel like I have been thrown to the lions and told to 'deal with it'.

"I'm coping with a lot of stress and pressure on my head at the moment, it has been such a terrible experience for me.

"I've done wrong and I'm paying for it. This has been an awful experience."

Miss Thomas confirmed that the pair would meet for an hour or two in hotel rooms, sometimes before big games.

She also confirmed that the man had told her she was the love of his life and said she knew her actions had been wrong, but she was "paying the price".

She said: "I am taking responsibility for my actions. I know what I have done is wrong and I have suffered a lot. It has been a really difficult time for me.

"As foolish as this sounds, I honestly did not think that this would get out into the public domain. I had no intention of selling my story. If I was going to do that it would have happened six months ago.

"I do not want his name or his family's names to be splashed all over the papers. I have thought long and hard about this and I have had time to reflect and I do not want that at all."

Miss Thomas said she had only found out about the injunction when the footballer's legal team contacted her.

She said: "My flatmate called me and said there were reporters outside my house. I was actually out at the time and I started to panic, basically, and as soon as I got back I saw them there.

"I heard about the High Court injunction the same day. There were reporters outside my house at about 3pm and then at about 7pm. I heard about the injunction going to court. I was like, what injunction? I had a phone call from the other party's lawyers and I was totally baffled because there was no way on Earth I wanted this to come out. I honestly did not understand anything about it. I got sent an e-mail and I had to read it through. It all happened so quickly,

"I burst into tears and I was so shocked about what was happening. I had to deal with it. It said if I ever spoke I would be sent to jail. It's not my fault I was followed and this happened."

She also denied reports that she has been linked to other Premier League footballers.

She said: " I have seen what newspapers have written lately and a lot of it is not true. They say I have been with X amount of footballers, but most of them I have never met. I do not know where they got this from."

No hay comentarios:

Publicar un comentario