lunes, 4 de marzo de 2013

Rape case to be put on fast track - Herald.ie

The cases of five men charged in the fatal gang rape of a young woman on a moving Indian bus are expected to be shifted to a fast track court, defence lawyers said.

A hearing on whether to move the cases is to be held on Monday.

It had been set for last week but was rescheduled when it turned out that the official list of charges was not completely legible.

Five men have been charged with the December 16 attack in New Delhi on the young woman, who died later in a Singapore hospital.

They could face the death penalty if convicted.

A sixth suspect, who says he is 17 years old, is likely to be tried in a juvenile court if medical tests confirm he is a minor.

No hay comentarios:

Publicar un comentario